This section will guide you through a series of mobility stretches to help you self-assess your flexibility and movement.
- Start in a table top position with shoulders over the hands, hips over the knees, and toes tucked, and pointed toes pointed away from the knees
- Slide your right knee forward so it is between your hands and your right heel will be below your left hip.
- Extend your left leg behind you and keep hands firmly planted on the ground
- Can you move from your hands down to your elbows?
- Start in a table top position with shoulders over the hands, hips over the knees, and toes tucked, and pointed towards the knees.
- As the knees straighten, the hips go high, hands stay planted with your gaze staying between the feet
- Can you get your heels to the ground with your knees stay staying straight?
- With eyes forward, and elbows locked, grasp the bar with both hands so that the bar is at the “belt buckle”
- While maintaining and upright posture and locked elbows, move both arms together from front to back
- Move hands closer together if possible and repeat, while keeping the elbows locked
- How close can you get your hands as you pass the bar from front to back with elbows locked?