"Life begins at the end of your comfort zone"
Our department strives to empower students to take ownership of their overall wellness by guiding students as they set goals, take personal responsibility for their wellness, and develop lifelong wellness strategies.
We focus on 5 character traits of active participation......
PREPARATION - EFFORT - COOPERATION SPORTSMANSHIP - ATTITUDE
lifetime wellness students will....
- Improve physical skills, the body’s ability to move, and increase overall physical health
- Increase self-esteem, confidence and pride; while developing coping skills and strategies
- Develop interpersonal connections while increasing enthusiasm, teamwork and social fulfillment
- Understand how proficiency in wellness helps to prevent injury, illness, and disease and leads to lifelong participation
- Establish beliefs about personal wellness while developing personal responsibility, accountability, and empathy