"Life begins at the end of your comfort zone"
Our department strives to provide students with the opportunity to learn how to live a physically, socially, and emotionally healthy and fulfilling lifestyle through the practice of lifelong wellness skills and activities.
We focus on 5 character traits of active participation......
PREPARATION - EFFORT - COOPERATION SPORTSMANSHIP - ATTITUDE
lifetime wellness students will....
- Improve physical skills, the body’s ability to move, and increase overall physical health
- Increase self-esteem, confidence and pride; while developing coping skills and strategies
- Develop interpersonal connections while increasing enthusiasm, teamwork and social fulfillment
- Understand how proficiency in wellness helps to prevent injury, illness, and disease and leads to lifelong participation
- Establish beliefs about personal wellness while developing personal responsibility, accountability, and empathy